Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What nonsense is this!

So I was thinking about my last blog post (Marine Corps Marathon 2012) and it was a downer!!  Seriously, could I have been more negative?  Stopped caring at mile 20?  Who is that girl?

It's not MarathonMennone.

Am I always going to feel awesome after a race?  No.  Am I going to be the kind of person who gets crazy with time?  No!  But I will try my darndest to qualify for Boston, because I take myself seriously and I care about what I do. 

I'm not sure why I was so mopey with this race.  Maybe because of the weather forecasts?  Maybe I put too much pressure on myself for my time?  I can't figure it out.  I trained well and I actually did great.  So I think tonight I should open up a bottle of wine and toast myself!  Buy some of the pictures from the event (which actually turned out pretty good)!  And then sign up for another race!

I've been plotting my races for the next few years...I think 2013 will include the DC Rock n Roll in March, the Flying Pig in May, the BOMF 20in24 in July, and the Richmond in November.  Cheering/volunteering at the Marine Corps.  2014 should kick off with the Goofy Challenge in Disney and probably DC Rock n Roll again...and Marine Corps.  Marine Corps happens for me on even years (2008, 2010, 2012, 2014...).  Maybe 2014 will be the year that I do the JFK 50 mile race?

MarathonMennone does not give up!!  And I do NOT MOPE.  I RUN.

And I think I want to run the Las Vegas Marathon in December...

No comments: