Monday, March 9, 2009

Variety

I was planning on going to the gym after going out to dinner after work today (I know...I sound like a lunatic), but having bought plane tickets to Israel, I've decided that I'm too excited and would rather drink instead. Possibly a regrettable decision, but after all, one does not buy tickets for a vacation in Israel just any old day.

So I have made the decision to leave my gym bag at work. This seems unthinkable at first, leave my baby at work???? But then I realized...I don't need anything in it. Which made me realize...

I have like 6 pairs of sneakers. In good condition. Hard core, nike or aasics or some other brand name sneakers. Perhaps overkill? That's absurd you say?

But wait, it gets better. I also have a large tupperware (like 2.5 feet high and 3 feet long) FULL, OVERFLOWING with gym clothes. Sometimes I forget what I have, I have so many gym clothes. I have running skirts and tennis skirts. I have shorts with pockets and shorts without pockets. I have spandex and sweats. I have hoodies and zip up sweater jackets and underamour and overarmour (ok I made that up). I have sports bras and sports underwear. I have shirts that have bras built in and shirts that cannot be worn without one. I have tank tops and t-shirts and 3/4 sleeve shirts and lightweight shirts and heavyweight shirts. I have tennis t-shirts and running t-shirts.

And most of it is brand name, cause my mom works at a running/tennis store.

Speaking of tennis, I got to play this weekend!!

But seriously...this is not a bragging post. This post is really to say that this stuff is, well, kinda necessary. Maybe not for everyone. But it's necessary to have enough clothes that you don't have to do laundry every two days. It's necessary, I would argue, to feel cute when you work out. I would argue that if you have more than 1 pair of sneakers, you can leave one in the office and then there's no excuse for not working out.

Variety is, after all, the spice of life.

Except when it comes to peanut butter. Then there is only Skippy.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

"Except when it comes to peanut butter. Then there is only Skippy."

I love you Sarah.