Thursday, March 12, 2009

I feel good (na na na na na na na)

Horrible title for a post. I know. *hides face in shame*

This morning I woke up at 5:05am. BAM! My alarm went off and I was AWAKE. It was awesome, cause usually when I get up for an early morning run, I have to have a little chat with myself to remind my brain why it has to function so early in the morning. Not this morning. This morning I was out the door before 5:20.

There's not a lot of people out that early in the morning. I was out before the buses even start picking up people. Surprisingly, even a lot of other runners seem to have something better to be doing (I can't imagine what???). I didn't even see another runner until I was on my way home. But it was one of those days where it just felt really GOOD to run, when I felt like I could go for hours (silly work) and not get tired. It energized me and now I can't believe I've already been awake for almost 5 hours...

I'm a worry-ier by nature. It's in my blood, it's how I function. My mind is in a constant whirl of "what will happen next!?!?!" It's really irritating. One of the few ways I've found to combat this is running. So even though the worry wolves were nipping at my heels (yes, even at 5:30am they come out to play), I find that I can run away from those thoughts, that it is possible to push them out and just be positive and feel my body working. I felt very alive this morning.

It's spring now, so you can hear birds chirping even at 5:05am. Which is nice when I'm running...but on the rare morning when I can sleep in? Makes me want a bb gun. (bebe gun? beeebeeee gun?)

No comments: