Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Something new to occupy my time?

Well now that I'm all recovered and bored again, I need to find something to occupy my time while I wait for the Marine Corps Marathon to qualify for Boston. You know, other than train for a marathon, be a bridesmaid in 2 weddings, continue to excel in my job, plan imaginary trips to Europe, clean my house, and take Spanish and/or Italian lessons.

I HAVE FOUND IT!

THE RACE OF RACES!!!!!

BWAHAHAHH!

Ok, stay with me here. I know that it looks kinda crazy. But you have to a) acknowledge that I am crazy and b) understand that I have become quite capable of distinguishing between events that are fun just because they sound crazy and events that I actually want to do. I have been nonchalantly deleting all emails that come to me asking me to sign up for another triathlon, because God knows that I am NOT doing one of those again. Why does a 24 hour race appeal to me? Well...

1) I love to run. I would love to spend a day running! Just all day! No other time committments, no other activities that I will have to do. Just running, running, running.
2) It would actually help me to train for the Marine Corps Marathon and Boston.
3) It's in JULY and I LOVE to run in the heat!
4) SOFT. PRETZELS.

I think I'm talking myself into this...

No comments: