Friday, March 19, 2010

IGNORE-ance is bliss

Tomorrow is my marathon and last night I almost couldn’t sleep because my heart was pounding every time I thought about it (perhaps it was the earplugs I was wearing…they block outside noise but amplify anything going on in my body). Today I am going to pick up my packet and I’ve been looking at the map a little. The main goal is not to panic here, because that never helped anyone. And really, I am excited. Even though I’m starting to get a cold. And my legs are somehow tight even though I’ve done VERY little this week (I’m feeling quite sloth-like, a marathon is sounding like good fun).

I find that the best thing to do is not to think about the marathon tomorrow. I know some people are memorizing the map, analyzing the incline on Googlemaps…but I can’t do that. I can’t think about it too much because I will absolutely lose my mind! If I can just take my mind off it, then when someone haphazardly asks me, “hey you’re doing a marathon tomorrow?” I can reply with, “yeah, no big deal (nbg is what the kids are saying)” and people will think I am super cool.

Bwahah if only they knew!

No comments: