Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back on Track and a Product Review

This weekend I finally got kind of sort of back on track with my training. Sunday included both a run and a bike ride and Monday had a 2 hour bike ride in store for me.

I also ate like a pig (and ate a lot of pig) this weekend, so I don't know how good it actually did for me.

I felt pretty on target though, only to have a busy week with few workout prospects ahead of me. Drat! Then next week I leave for my vacation (FINALLY) so who knows when I'll actually be able to train? I determined that I have 21 weeks before my marathon, so that poses little risk. I think I peaked in my training too early last time, so who knows? Maybe I'll be able to improve my time. The triathlon will be tricky of course, but I'm feeling more like my cocky old self now that I actually got on the bike and went somewhere. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a swim this week.

And now, a product review.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to give the fit flop my unpaid endorsement yet. After all, I've only had them for about a week and they *were* $60 flipflops. Yes they have sequins on them and they are supposed to trim my bum (quote, unquote), but they are still $60 flipflops in the end.

They are the revolutionary flipflops designed to trim you and tone you WHILE YOU WALK! UNbelieveable, right? Well that's the part that I'm trying to get past. I'm already in pretty decent shape, so I highly doubt that I'm going to see inches melt off my body. But they provide way better stability than regular flipflops and they are actually really comfortable. So why not wear them on my 30 minute walk to work in the morning? And then on the way home? If I can sneak in an extra workout, why not give it a shot?

(also, I have to admit that I've been intrigued by these shoes for a REALLY LONG TIME and I reeeeeeally wanted them. I know. It's so tacky and I fall for gimmicks so easily. Darn marketing!! Also, I am a shoe aficionado. Aficionada?)

I always take remarkably to placebos (hypochondriac, anyone?), so I'm not really the best person to use in a study for shoes like this. I thought that I could feel some glute work on the first day I wore them, now I don't really know. But like I said, they're super comfortable AND they have sequins!

I guess if you have an extra $60 lying around, it's worth it. But if not, I say just get off the bus and walk the 30 mins in the morning and you're doing yourself a good enough favor anyway.

They put sequins on regular flipflops anyway.

No comments: