Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Full speed ahead! (again)

I got back from vacation a week ago yesterday. Israel is a beautiful country! We had a fantastic time. Tel Aviv has a gorgeous beach with a very pedestrian friendly promenade. I was CONVINCED that I would run on in while we were there...and then proceeded to sleep in every single day. It was really hot and we wanted to do touristy things during the day and by nighttime, we had walked about 12 miles and all I wanted to do was eat a bucket of hummus and go to bed.

So I came back last week and didn't even run or bike until Friday. This week I'm starting to feel like I'm actually making some progress. I did about 10 miles on Monday night and another 5 this morning. Tonight I'm hitting the pool (oops, I meant to look up a swim workout...). I have to admit that even with almost 2 weeks off, I still feel pretty good. I know that it can hurt a training schedule to take that much time off, but I didn't stress during my vacation. I can't imagine how that would have affected my time abroad and I'm really glad that I didn't let it worry me.

The triathlon is really starting to nip at my heels, though. It's time to sink or swim (unfortunately that is literal). I need to get my head in the game. I've decided to start twice a day workouts a few times a week. My problem is that my default is to run. I don't like swimming or biking nearly as much, but I need to work on that. Two of my friends are doing bike races, so maybe I'll reach out to them to work out with me! Buddy workouts might be easier on a bike? They certainly seem to be easy while swimming since no one can really talk, but I am still slow in the water.

I need to start a list of "things to buy," so that I won't have to buy everything the week of. Maybe that will be the next post...

No good product reviews, but I am getting a new shoe wallet! I lost it during the Cherry Blossom Run (luckily it was empty!!!) but my mom is getting me a new one at work. Still one of the best buys out there!

No comments: