Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let's get some stuff straight

Ok, let's get it straight.

I'm not going to bow out of the DC marathon next month.
I'm not going to stop running.

I am not going to stop running.

It's been kind of a tough winter. I've been tired and sore and fat. But I refuse to give up on running marathons or more. This is going to be my 5th marathon! I love running in DC. I love RUNNING.

And let's get some more straight while we're on a roll.

Listen up, friends, enemies, and strangers: if you ride out the elliptical at the gym for 45 minutes, do NOT say that you just ran 5 miles. You did NOT run. You ellipticalled. Good job. I'm sorry, but that machine practically runs itself. You are not running. It DOES NOT COUNT. People keep telling me that they ran 5 miles in 40 minutes and I'm just in awe - wow, there's nothing wrong with America! We're not obese! We're doing great! NO. We ARE obese and I'm sorry but you cannot claim that you ran. Yes. You went to the gym. Good job. It's a step. But it's not running.

I have to say that even though I haven't been running as much as I should be, I'm still super defensive against people acting like they ran when just WENT ON the elliptical. I do that on a rest day.

Boo to everyone. I just had 2 ice cream sandwiches. I also had green beans. So it balances out, right?

Darn it, I didn't think so either.

No comments: