Monday, January 31, 2011

Needed: more bang. less buck.

Have you noticed that I hate winter?

I am completed unmotivated to run. There. I said it. I don't want to run. I want to sit inside and eat ice cream.

EXCEPT I DON'T. I just want the snow to melt so that I can go outside and not worry about breaking my hip. So naturally, to motivate myself to run, my thought is "better buy some cool stuff." Like a new GPS/tracking system to see how far I go. Like new shoes. Like a new running outfit. Like a new hat. Like a new Kate Spade purse...oh so pretty...wait, wait focus, FOCUS.

But unfortunately, I know that the only thing that will get me to run is to start running already. Just get out there on a regular basis and move my feet one step at a time. Sure it's nice to have the cool accessories. But if you don't train, you'll just be the dofus who makes it to mile 8 of a marathon and bows out. And you'll have a useless, albeit beautiful, Kate Spade bag full of GU.

Let's move it, move it!

No comments: