Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goal for my 24 hour race

When I signed up for the 20in24 race, I hadn't really decided if I wanted to set a serious goal. The idea of more than 26.2 miles is hard enough to wrap my head around, let alone an actual concrete milestone to hit.

But I've been really thinking about things and I've decided to go for 52.4 miles. Originally, I was just going to go for 50, $10 for every mile that I run to raise the $500 that I'm fundraising for Back On My Feet. But then I thought...well, the reason why I'm doing this is to do more than a marathon. Why not just try to do 2 marathons in one day?

Logical perhaps to me, although I'm sure the reasoning is lost on most people...

Then I read this fantastic article in the NY Times: Diet and Exercise to the Extremes. Did it inspire me to become a vegan? Well...no, not really. It did inspire me to perhaps make a salad to have with dinner tonight though, does that count? Did it inspire me to want to run 100 miles? No, not really. But it does remind me that the human body is completely capable of doing this. 50 may seem like a lot, but I think I can handle it. And who knows? Maybe 100 won't be so far after that.

Oh yeah, I'm still in the middle of fundraising so don't forget to click and donate!!

Also, I'm only 6 posts away from 100 posts in this little blog! If I post something every day for the next week, we can celebrate...haha yeah right.

No comments: